Monday, February 28, 2011

Frustration doesn't even cover it...

I can't figure out what to do with Aitana's "eating problem"
She refuses to eat anything (except "galletas maria" and applesauce). She does not eat any kind of protein! I have tried giving her different kinds of meat in different ways (lunchmeat, chicken nuggets, whatever meat Brad and I are eating) and nothing!
I tried peanut butter jelly sandwiches and nothing, grilled cheese, no luck.
Today I just spent two hours cooking what it was "supposed to be" a childproof meal, and she refused to even try it! I got so upset that I got into a crying episode (myself, not Aitana...I think my period should be around the corner)
I just feel like such a failure of a mother! I can't make my daughter eat anything!
I mean, I know that being a mother is not easy and all that, but just the fact that she refuses to eat anything just gets me.
Her doctors (the one she had in UT and the new one here in VA) not worried. They probably think that I complain because I want to stuff my daughter to death, and don't realize that when I say "She doesn't eat ANYTHING" it is literal, and not an exaggeration...Weight-wise she is ok (not great, but ok) But does just her weight can say if she is malnourished?? I don't know (sigh)
And I hate it, because I get so frustrated that it gets the best of me, gets me upset at her, and then she comes over to give me kisses, or to tickle me, and makes me feel even like a worse mother!! Ugggrrr!!
Anyway...sorry for the ranting...Had to get it out of me

4 comments:

lorena said...

Mientras leía tu post, he retrocedido 5 años y era como leer mi propia historia. ÁLvaro no comía nada de nada, y yo venga a decírselo al médico y el médico venga a decirme que el niño estaba sano y que no bajaba de peso; que si no quería comer pues que no comiera pero que estaba bien sanote. Asique me tocó esperar un tiempo hasta que empezó a comer por sí solo y ahora come de todo, lo justo, pero de todo.
No te preocupes que enferma no se la ve...jajajaja. Es normal la preocupación, pero yo he pasado por lo mismo y te digo que el tiempo de comer llegará.
Besos.

Irene said...

Lara, yo le temo a esa etapa que seguro que también la pasaré con ni niña. Hay un libro que yo no he leído todavía pero que quizá te pueda ayudar. Lo digo porque me estoy leyendo uno sobre lactancia materna del mismo autor y me está encantado, así que deduzco que el libro sobre la comida de los niños también estará muy bien. Se titula "Mi niño no me come" de Carlos González. Te envío un enlace de una página de crianza natural donde verás un poco la descripción

http://www.crianzanatural.com/prod/prod97.html

Rhiannon said...

It is a very frustrating feeling as a mother to slave away in the kitchen & then have your child throw their food on the floor without even trying it. Yes, I have cried over that too. I wish I had some advice for you, but I don't. I have heard that they can survive on very little food though and when they are really hungry they will eat. I'm not an expert though all I can say is good luck & I hope it gets better.

Patricia said...

haz caso a Lore k ella sabe mucho, suerte y si te sientes muy frustada y al borde de la desesperacion pidele una bendicion a Brad. Bsitos nena y espero k la cosa mejore!